Pages


Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rice Pudding



This is one of my favorite South African recipes! My mom made this often and now Caleb makes it for us. The best way to serve this is with Sweetened Condensed Milk drizzled on top.

This evening Gary asked Caleb if he put Nutmeg in the rice pudding. Caleb said "no, it didn't call for Nutmeg." I laughed and said, "You know how you can buy recipe books that only have 4 ingredients? Well, in South Africa we only use 3 ingredients. They are Rice, Cinnamon and....." All the kids yelled out at the same time.."Sweetened Condensed Milk!"

Rice Pudding

pan 9x13"

Place 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice in the pan
1 1/4cup of sugar
10-12 eggs
Mix this very well so all slimy eggyness is gone.
add 1 teasp vanilla
add milk in until there is a 1 inch space in the pan left.
sprinkle with cinnamon
add blobs of butter here and there on cinnamon

Bake in a 375 deg oven Until the middle of the egginess jells up over and hour or so


I copied and pasted this exactly the way my mom told me to make it! If a 13 year old boy can follow these instructions, so can you! Caleb always uses 12 eggs!

0 comments: