Pages


Monday, June 27, 2011

Our first letter from Jacob in Paraguay

Hey everyone!
Well... I have a lot to tell you.. where to start? I only have 40 minutes! Well I discovered that I really don't like flying.. It was lame!

So our first day in Paraguay, we got here around 5 in the afternoon. We went to the mission office and had interviews with president, and then we had orientation. I don't remember anything from orientation. We slept in the mission office that first night, and then we got up in the morning and went and signed some papers for immigration. And then we went back to the mission office and met our new companions.

My companions name is Elder Davis. He is from San Antonio, Texas. He is pretty cool. I am serving in an area called Libertad (Liberty) in AsunciĆ³n. I get called lots of funny things. Usually the ''fat elder'' or the ''white elder'' or the ''new elder''.. Being fat isn't a bad thing here, it's just how they describe me I guess. Speaking of that.. I have lost like 10lbs in a week! It's crazy! My suit is already loose on me.

Well this area is really cool. We walk a lot! And tomorrow we get to baptize someone! His name is Ramon. He's 17. He is super excited to be baptized. I was gonna get to do it, but he knows the other Elder better and wanted him to. That's okay, I still have a couple more years. :D

Pday is on Mondays. I didn't get to this Monday, because today is temple day. And they switched our pday around. So I can email again on Monday!! And I'm gonna send you a few pictures!!! Super cool! I was gonna send you pictures today but I kinda forgot my cord.. :/ Oh well.. Well the money here is kinda interesting. It is almost worthless. 50 Guaranies is 1 penny. So Two thousand is like 50 Cents-ish... Not very much! But everything is super cheap.

So it is winter in Paraguay. It isn't very cold, but yesterday and this morning I had a jacket on. The humidity makes it worse. Other than that it is usually really warm! I get asked a lot ''¿Tiene Color?'' which is kinda like ''Are you hot?'' My Spanish isn't very good. But I understand more and more everyday! I bet withing a year or two I will be able to have an intelligent conversation with someone! I got a VERY patient trainer.. Which is good. The lord is watching out for me.

The food here is good too. I have found that adjusting to Paraguay wasn't very hard at all. I feel like I fit in. I know I don't fit in. But there isn't very much that I feel uncomfortable with. Nothing really. I feel like I know the people. I do know them. It's a really cool feeling. When you can sit down in a total strangers house, speaking little or no Spanish, and teach them about Christ, and the Spirit does all the teaching. It is AWESOME!

I saw a monkey today... it is someones pet. But they have it all tied up to a tree. It{s kinda sad. But I guess it isn't a tame monkey. It is still super cute! Well I am gonna go now... I love you all! Be good! Remember who you are! And what you stand for! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!
-Elder Jacob A. Sevy

0 comments: