Pages


Monday, July 25, 2011

Letter from Jacob







Hellllo Everyone!
This week was awesome! Also the last week of my first Change in Paraguay! It was cool! I have grown in so many way´s. I have changed too. You know it´s a real change when you can recognize the change in yourself. I definately feel more mature. And I can´t se myself anywhere but Paraguay. At least for the next two years.. :P
Well Saturday this week we had a Baptism/Wedding. It was a really cool expirience. I will send some pictures with this email. The wedding was really cool because for the first time the ward actually stepped in and did something. They decorated and bought a cake and god flowers and even made sure Javier and Teofila had a skirt and a Suit to wear. It was awesome! After that we had the baptism and then everyone went and ate refreshments. We also made a really cool program! I will attach it to this letter too.. I´m proud of it.
Teofila´s daughter Rossana is doing good. She isn´t really as commited as she could be. And she is a really big flirt.. 17 year-old girl.... So we alway´s make sure to bring members to teach her. She also didn´t go to church because she didn´t feel good. So we´ll have to work on that. But She has an older brother that we started teaching on sunday. His name is Roberto. He´s 21. He is gonna be moving back home in 2 weeks so we can keep teaching him. I´m excited we got him a baptisimal date for the 27th of August. So he will have enough time to learn and go to church. Cool!
Right now we don´t have very many progressing Investigators. It is really hard to get lessons with people. Because nobody remembers when we make lessons. And they are hard to get ahold of. So a lot of the time we just plan for them and stop by hoping they´re home. But it works out.
So funny story of the week... so yesterday we were at a members house for lunch. Sister Arguello is a really good cook. I think she does it professionally. But she made this noodle stuff and them there was some sort of beef on it. And I wasn´t sure what it was. But my companion and this other guy were talking about Mondongo. I knew what it was. So I just ate it really fast trying not to think about what it was. So Sister Arguello saw that I ate really fast and wanted to give m more.. I just kinda said no. So Mondongo is the bum hole part of the cow.. I think the Rectum. So you can imagine what was going through my head.. Luckily it wasn´t mondongo. It was just beef. Elder Davis was talking to this guy about all the wierd food that they have in Paraguay. So I thought they said we were eating Mondongo.. False Alarm.. :)
Well, I hope you all have a fantastic week!!! Be good! And remember who you are! And what you stand for! I love you!
-- Elder Jacob A. Sevy

0 comments: