Pages


Thursday, February 16, 2012

Jacob's Valentine's letter


Dearest Gente,
Wow, this week was a little crazy. We worked super hard, but the hardest thing this week, was finding new investigators to teach. We had a total of ZERO this week. So please pray that we will find the people the lord has prepared for us.
Well not much happened this week. We Taught a english class on Wednesday. The members were super excited! But it was difficult. I realized my English isn`t what it used to be. I am typing super slow!
This week we have been expiriencing Carnaval. Here Carnaval is a weekend that they have just to have a reason to drink and do "dances" in the street. Fortunately, we don`t have to see the dances in our part of Hernandarias. The paraguayans have a tradition of throwing water balloons at whatever person happens to be in throwing distance, luckily they don`t do it so much around here. I think people see us and think we are gonna pull a gun on them or something. I was actually looking forward to getting wet. ¡De Mesiado calor Hace!
On saturday we went to help the Sanchez/Gomez Family clean the church. I told them that if they got my companion wet I would bake them a cake. Within 10 minutes we were all wet. So, I started a war, and this morning I cooked baie lekker pudding. :) They are in love. I didn`t get to try it :P
Sunday we had half of the Torres Family come to church, so they wont be getting baptized this week, but next week hopefully we will be able to have a baptism!
This week will be me and Elder Palmas Last Week together. We have changes the 22 de Febrero.
Sorry there are no photos this week. I am having problems finding batteries that my camera doesn`t absort after 2 pictures. :)
I Love you All!! Be good! Remember who you are!
-Elder Jacob Sevy

0 comments: